Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Camping Trip

So this year we went up a day early for our ward campout. We thought it might be fun to just hang out with our family for the a night. Well all was going well, we made dinner, built a big fire and played until dark then we went to bed......half way through the night I was awakened by the loudest howling I have ever heard. Landon awoke and said "Dad I'm scared" Wayne tried to calm him as I lay frozen afraid for my life as well, I'm totally not kidding either. All I could thing about was how close that carnivore was outside my tent and absolutely no weapon of any sort. The howling finally ended and 2 hours later as I still lay there awake, I had finally resolved that there was an absolutely good chance I could kill the thing with my bare hands if need be (mothers instinct) and finally could fall asleep. Note to self, bring a gun when sleeping with wolves.


No comments: