During FHE we were talking about being obedient and following rules, so we asked the kids about rules that they have to follow. Landon began saying during his class at church he sits still and doesn't talk to his friends while the teacher is giving the lesson, and we said,"Yes Landon, that's a very important rule to follow" and Ella thought for a second and said "I have a rume." I said "Ella whats your rule?" and she replied, "If people are mean to me and take my toys I get to bonk them on the head!" Wayne and I sat stunned, but before we could correct her she says,"I have another rume, if people are nice to me I will be happy, but if they're mean I will push them!" I feel like there should be some sort of manual out there to help me guide this sweet spirit.
8 months ago




11 comments:
Oh, how cute. You know, it is very good that she has such a good sense of what is right and what is wrong. You have taught her well!! Now, you just have to guide her responses someone makes a wrong choice. If you figure it out, let me know. I have a 22 year old son ...
I think we may be raising the same spirit in a different body! Isabelle would have said the same thing! How do you correct something like that when you are trying not to bust out laughing? Never a dull moment, Ella is awesome! Tell Wayne we hope he feels better!
Nice Ella! Her boyfriends better watch out. She isn't going to take any crap! She is always going to be a leader.
She is so funny! I love how honest she is.
It is funny when it is not your kid doing the bonking or having your kid being the bonkee. Either way, I laughed!! Hey, Party on Tuesday, but I don't have your new email, so get it to me please.
he he he...look how long her hair is!
GO ELLA! That's my girl! So funny. I'm just glad all my sweet spirits would NEVER think of bonking or pushing.
That is SO cute! We sure miss you guys! Please give my little buddy Landon a BIG hug from his "OLD" primary teacher! Class is just not the same without him and his funny comments!
So what's wrong with a little bonking? After all, a girl's gotta look out for herself these days. I'm with Ella, some days, ya just gotta bonk people over the head to make your point. Don't anyone deny having the urge on a daily basis. Mostly, the kids are to be the bonking recipients though. God has a sense of humor, thus: No Manuals!
-Auntie T
P.S. I took the Disney Princess test, I'm Belle!
Ella is adorable, and normal. Maybe it's a girl thing. All of mine have been through that. Makayla grew out of it around age 4. Good luck:) I wish there was a magical manual.
haha Ella is so cute :)
I'm loving your blog!
look at her HAIR! ohmygoodness ohmygoodness! It was barely long enough to put up when I left! and she's getting so BIG!
well, I guess thats what 9 months does to little girls...
I wonder what it will be like when I come home (in 55 days)
Love you guys!
Post a Comment